G R E G O R E I T E ABOUT   +   WORK   +   PLAY   +  

Thursday, October 11, 2007

encouragement

This morning I opened my door to find a note that I had a package from FedEx waiting. Yay! So this afternoon after I picked up the kids from school, I sent Alyson into the office to pick up the package. To my surprise and delight, it was from New Zealand!!! Yes, mere days after my order, Home of Poi has shipped me videos and my first pair of LED sock poi, from all the way other side of the planet. Wow!

Alyson and Max were fascinated by what might be in the package, and when i told them "playtoys", they were giddy with anticipation... so of course what did we do after dinner but turn out all the lights and play play play!

We each took turns performing, and when I was in the middle of my set, Alyson cheered "Daddy you are so good with those you should be up on a stage in front of lots of people!" It melted my heart and gave me such a boost of confidence! I'd only performed once in public before in the middle of That Thing in the Desert, and that had been a mildly embarassing set with many "bonks".

So look out world! I have one fan club member already! :)

No comments: