G R E G O R E I T E ABOUT   +   WORK   +   PLAY   +  

Monday, November 26, 2007

Natural Movement

after another 30 minutes of spinning to some of my favorite spinmusic (Prodigy: Breath, Fighting Cocks misc, various Burning Man DJ set rips), I have both integrated the weave, both directions, and had some good practice moving into and out of it from other places.

I can truly say this is the most natural move I've ever assimilated. After the first few "watch the video" disasters, I gave up on it, and then "voila!" at the beach, it simply materialised out of thin air, and now its like second nature.

I hope that all moves come so easily in the future!

1 comment:

Greg Roberts said...

I also think that this lends credence to one of my meme theories about dance and flow arts in general: watch a pro do it over and over, don't even try to reverse engineer what's going on, just "see" it and let the visual rhythm inscribe its pattern directly upon your neural matrix.

This learning technique is quite similar to some zen practices I've read about, where the entire first year is spent with the student simply watching the teacher execute the moves to perfection, with no explanation whatsoever.

Like a child, we all continue to learn through mimicry, of both masters and the ultimate master, Nature herself.