G R E G O R E I T E ABOUT   +   WORK   +   PLAY   +  

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

This is my fourth public performance. (following Hollywood, Bryant Park NYC, and Central Park NYC)

So as midnight neared last night, I had to celebrate in some way, so I threw on a pair of shorts, scrambled up some batteries for the iPod amp (Music was a required part), lit up my flowtoy glowpoi, and headed for the rooftop. A couple was romantically perched on the ledge, and I said a brief hello but decided not to intrude (breath). I cranked up my music and proceeded to spin a really nice set to Michael Franti (Love, Why did you Go Away?) and then to Bassnectar (Underground Communication). Franti was heartbreaking. Bassnectar was mildly reassuring. I spun a pretty good set. And the whole time I could see the big mis-numbered clock on the rooftop nearby, so I knew exactly the moment we entered July 4. I imagined how my performance would look from the eyes of the couple. I thought, properly done, this could be excellent romantic fuel for them. I hoped it was. I concluded my set and gave them a bow and a polite good night and a "Happy Fourth!". And went back to my own personal independence day in Apt Om.

No comments: