G R E G O R E I T E ABOUT   +   WORK   +   PLAY   +  

Friday, June 27, 2008

The *other* handstand

So, on one of the online gymnastics tutorials I've been reading, it suggests to practice handstand, instead of kicking up into the wall, instead face your face towards the wall, tuck, and walk your feet up the wall. Then, once your legs are fully extended, walk your hands back towards the wall. This was a *completely* different way than the "dyno" style (shout out to your rock-climber-boulderers out there!) handstand I'd been practicing... and with the ability to free my feet and actually press my *stomach* against the wall as the only means of support, it really felt like it helped my balance.

I am so *jonseing* to get a free form unsupported handstand going. Cmon boy! Go Go Go!

No comments: