G R E G O R E I T E ABOUT   +   WORK   +   PLAY   +  

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Statement of Intent

I am starting a Master Cleanse today.
And its prompted me to really begin to think.
I am on the edge of a cliff of the unknown
And I've been here before, but never so clearly.
This time, its both consciously and intentionally.

Here's a little aside: a neat dream I recently experienced.

The scene was an ancient castle in England.
The occasion was Madonna's 50th birthday.
It was a very large circular room, perhaps 6 stories high.
All the guests occupied a balcony near the top.
We were all wearing these strange bubble suits which they'd instructed us to wear as we entered.
The entire room was filled with smoke, so that we couldn't see the floor below.
All eyes looked up, as somehow we expected Madonna to appear in the dome above, to entertain us.
Waiting, waiting, waiting...
No Madonna.
Finally, one of the guests simply leapt into the abyss...

And guess what?
There was in fact a massive trampoline below, hidden by the smoke.
The guest bounced up in glee, protected by their padded suit.
Soon another, then another, leapt into the void.
In mere moments, there were hundreds of revellers, bouncing and bounding and colliding in the air, laughing and flying gleefully.
Madonna never did show up.
But the party had begun, and the message was clear:

YOU are the entertainment.
YOU are the guests, and
YOU are the participant.

Participate in your own life. Stop trying to find others to entertain you. BE the entertainment. BE the star. :)

So where was I?
Oh yes, intention.
Well, at this point, I think I'll save that for the next post. :)

No comments: