G R E G O R E I T E ABOUT   +   WORK   +   PLAY   +  

Saturday, April 2, 2011

of food and choice

Food is, in a traditional sense, nutrients which we ingest through our mouths, break down in our digestive tracks, and use for building new cells and muscles and tissues. It is, quite literally, the stuff we are made of.

Today is the first day of my master cleanse, which has me here, eating a bowl of Lucky Charms, and considering the nature of foods of all types. Consider:

Our environment is food for our eyes.
The music we listen to is food for our ears.
The books, movies, blogs and online videos we choose to consume are food for our brains.
The time we spend with people we love with is food for our hearts.

Similarly, the words we write and speak, and the stories we create, are the psychic food that others consume.

This brings a heightened awareness to:
- what I choose to place in my body
- what the music I listen to is really saying to me
- where I choose to be
- who I choose to surround myself with

These same elements that we consume, determine what we are able to give to others. This is my meditation for these 10 days.

No comments: